 Local / United Kingdom / 3409
Re: Are we having a Fest Frenzy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:51:15 GMT

I'd rather we restrict
ourselves to infrequent, but well planned, events perhaps 4 (say) times per
year. I do not want my first Fest to be attended by a bunch AFOLS with "Fest
Fatigue".

Fatigue of lego? Yeah, right.

When a person is tired of lego, they are tired of life (who's quote
*was* that btw?).

I cannot see us in Scotland getting fest fatigue, not just yet anyway.
Once a month wouldn't bother me if I could find time to go and the
location was nearby (still haven't found time yet Richard, sorry). Aah
yes, spare time, I remember that. To some extent, geography will isolate
and insulate Scottish fests from the English scene.

As for
the "public", I'd keep them out.

I agree - too many dodgy issues when the 'public' are involved -
possibility of theft, injury and other public liability issues, someone
tied up attending them etc etc.

Ian Bishop, Ayrshire, UK