 Local / United Kingdom / 3378
Re: Are we having a Fest Frenzy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:43:29 GMT

I to some degree, agree with Scott and Michael and also disagree. I.e. when is
a fest not a fest? Big spaced out fests better, agree, both more tme to
prepare, better attendance and can spread cost of attending!

My proposal for a minifest was more aimed at a local less informal meeting
along the lines of Tony's Cherhire afternoon tea dance fest!

Don't get me wrong I am all for structured large fests in halls, but thats not
to say the small house gatherings are now out of the window. As for numbers I
welcome 4 per year as oposed to 3.

On the Public side, well I have said this before, it does get a bit trickey as
with any paying even there is an attached legal perspective. i.e. public
liability insurance, what happens if a kid or adult hurts themselves etc and
it all gets quite complicated and expensive, who if anyone for instance is a
qualified first aider amoung us?.

Anyway, If I do set a date for an Essex minfisest it will be more for trading
than aimed at any particular themed event.

Regards,

Jason