 Local / United Kingdom / 3377
Re: Are we having a Fest Frenzy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:46:01 GMT

I agree with Scott, we don't want to get carried away with the fests, the
longer the gap the more interesting stuff we can bring for trades/ sells and
the auctions. Jon you have to stop say Pound on every bid? :->

At the moment these are the planned fests

Cheshire minifest By Tony P (Can't find a date)
20 May 2000 Southport Merseyside by Michael Pratt
Berkshire/ Thames Valley Fest - May become a Eurofest late August by
Lawrence Wilkes
Essex Fest by Jason Briscoe, no date set

Would it be best to have 4 fests a year or 3

3 Fest dated:

April
Aug
Dec

4 Fests?

Feb
May
Sept
Dec

Any comments?

-
Please reply on
medwards@ukonline.co.uk
Home of the UK Technic Club Magazine
                www.technic-uk.co.uk

Scott A <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote in message news:FrGLFy.61v@lugnet.com...
Are we having a Fest Frenzy?

I have now lost track of how many Fests have been proposed. After the
Reading event, I was under the impression that Ian Bishop would be • supplying
cake an biscuits next? As I live in the top half of the UK, and my spare
time is limited, it is hard for me to make it to a Fest generally, and • ones
in the South specifically. The danger is that the more fests we have, the
more the diluted the event will be for regulars, and less attractive to
people like me who have been to exactly none so far. I'd rather we • restrict
ourselves to infrequent, but well planned, events perhaps 4 (say) times • per
year. I do not want my first Fest to be attended by a bunch AFOLS with • "Fest
Fatigue".

If events are prepared well, there is no reason why we can't let TLC know
about them, and perhaps even let the Local press know about it too. As for
the "public", I'd keep them out. But a compamise on this may be an
"exhibition hour".

Scott A