 Local / United Kingdom / 2804
2803  |  2805
Subject:
Reddifest - your wants lists needed! / Traders allowed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:51:18 GMT

A couple of weeks before Reddifest, I'll be visiting Joyce, my dealer
friend, in order to spend the day sorting and raiding her stock... If any of
you would like me to hunt for parts and / or sets on your behalf, please
send me your lists!

FYI: her prices are based on what she would expect to get from kids for the
amount of bricks, e.g. I've picked up Tudor castle wall sections and large
white spoked wheels for pennies each... She admits to knowing nothing about
the rarity of particular parts and she's not interested anyway - she makes
her profit and that's good enough for her 8-)

On a different point, would Joyce be welcome at the 'fest? I don't yet know
if she's free on the day, but you guys need to make the decision before I
ask her... Example prices from past experience are: small Town / [Classic]
Space / Castle models from £1 each; large vehicles from £5; buildings (e.g.
Castles) from £10; large sets from £15... Her sets and prices are probably
what you'd expect from boot fairs - often incomplete and not necessarily
with boxes or instructions, but as I said, she's aiming at the kids market.
It's possible that she would bring her parts bins too for everyone to dig
through. With parts, I guess that she would leave it to you to make a fair
offer, bearing in mind what I said above. Food for thought? One point of
note of course is that as a dealer, she would want you to part with money as
opposed to the usual 'fest norm of trading...

LMK what you think guys, and I'll get in touch with her to see when I can
dig through her stock and / or to see if she's free to spend the day with us
all 8-)

Regards,

Jon.