 Local / United Kingdom / 2397
Re: 2000 sets yet??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:19:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:
The first reported sighting in the UK last year was on 21/12/98, so we may
see some this weekend.

I know it hardly needs saying, but keep an eye out!

Huw

I enquired at the small, privately owned toy shop in my village when I was out
at this morning. I never buy my lego there as they always mark it up (e.g.
8001 for £25)

The lady owner said that they she did have some new star wars lego on order
but she couldnt remember the numbers. She pointed to the 8001 and said "this
is new and has been very popular", (despite their price), and I said there
were new doids, and she said they were among the things they ordered

She said that they expected it in the new year, but not before xmas.

Interestingly they have very little lego besides Star wars, which I though was
a telling sign

(perhaps I should have asked to see the vendor catalogue!)

regards
lawrence