 Local / United Kingdom / 2382
Re: 2000 sets yet??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:16:19 GMT

Attitudes seem different in the US, I have noticed over many years of • visiting
(I lived there for a while too), that they dont have the same xmas shopping
cycle as we do. For example, many stores start their main sales after
thanksgiving, enabling most people to buy some of their xmas present cheap.
This also gets rid of the old stock to make way for the new.

Perhaps the increasing competitivness in the UK high street and move • towards
sales pre-xmas might change things.

But I for one, would be surprised to see the new stuff before xmas now, • with
only one week to go.

Given that most toys a sold in the 3 months running up to Xmas(?), Lego are
mad releasing sets in Jan/Feb.... especially sets aimed at the mass market
(e.g. starwars sets etc).  ????

Scott A