 Local / United Kingdom / 2004
2003  |  2005
Subject:
Offline AFOLs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:58:03 GMT

Folks,

I just had this idea while thinking about UKLUG.

What about all the people who haven't found lugnet or rtl yet?

Given that most of us are in the IT industry one way or another, and are
thus more used to this medium, there must be a lot of others out there
who are not interested or phobic about the internet.

Could we start some sort of outreach project to try and bring the lost
souls into the fold?

I was thinking initially of printing off some flyers and asking Paul at
Busy Bee to insert them into packages he's sending within the UK. Just
as a survey, really, to see who's out there and interested, and point
them at the online resources.

What do you think?
--
Tony Priestman