 Local / United Kingdom / 2062
Re: Offline AFOLs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:52:07 GMT

Tony,

I am in full support of this and have already being doing so!

I only found lugnet by accident after my employer bought in new PC's and we
finally got the internet in July, just by pure flook I tried searching  just
using LEGO and found over 30,000 sites. It was just luck that I stumbled on
LUGNET, I was immediately impressed.

Unlike the majority I am not in the IT industry,  but  decided that as I was
now not the only AFOL in the UK, I must have a PC. I bought a humble spec
machine for £500, and started from there.

I have made many new friends, yet to meet face to face, but the fest is only
a few days away! I am really pleased to have found it, so we really should
encourage others. I have told three people, who are casual visitors at the
moment.

A lot of the time I am way-out of my depth with the IT jargon used, I must
admit I don't know what some of you are on about, but if I can help I will
and offer my assistance. The UK thing with frames etc sounds good if I knew
what frames etc were actually al about!!! My PC skills are limited, for
instance I can't put a website together properly.

As you know I started our first UK Jambalaya box, which is still going, I am
all for a thriving group, that way we all get maximum benefit.

Regards,

Jason

PS see you at the fest! my base is complete BTW - how is everyone elses
tower section coming on?