 Local / United Kingdom / 2063
Re: Offline AFOLs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:14:36 GMT

All,

The Lego Adventures mag, has a letters page, but its aimed at a much lower
age range, just look at your TRU copy its all games and puzzles nothing much
is really lego related. By all accounts it is not a good seller according to
the newsagents I have spoken too so it may dissappear in time.

The Lego club mag, is hardly likely to promote lugnet? well one would have
thought so that is?

If the UK thing really hots up, and the new LEGO UK base is Slough can we
not make contact with them, maybe if we all got together they may take our
needs/wants seriously if were to approach them in the right way?

Jason

----- Original Message -----
From: Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk>
To: <lugnet.loc.uk@lugnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: Offline AFOLs

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Scott-A (<3843D713.58FDD272@hw.ac.uk>) wrote at
13:54:27

Is it not fair to assume that most of the people who know about BB do so
because of RTL/LUGNet? That is how I discovered them.

No, it is not fair. When I've been in the shop, there have been several
names mentioned who I've never heard of. While the internet is a
powerful tool, word of mouth works quite well on a slightly longer time
frame.

Another avenue might be adverts in local free papers. I haven't
investigated this at all, I'm just chucking out some ideas.

Do the Lego mags available in the UK have a letters page that can be
exploited?

Hmmm. Don't know, as I'm not in any of the clubs. Does anyone else know?

Jon?

--
Tony Priestman