 Local / United Kingdom / 2005
Re: Offline AFOLs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:54:27 GMT

You are a right. I think very few AFOLs are aware of RTL. Even less know
about LUGNet. My auctions on ebay generate a lot of questions which makes a
it clear to me that many are not aware of RTL/LUGNet. Additionally, RTL is
slowly dying I think... but it is the "first contact" for many AFOLs.

I was thinking initially of printing off some flyers and asking Paul at
Busy Bee to insert them into packages he's sending within the UK. Just
as a survey, really, to see who's out there and interested, and point
them at the online resources.

Is it not fair to assume that most of the people who know about BB do so
because of RTL/LUGNet? That is how I discovered them.

Do the Lego mags available in the UK have a letters page that can be
exploited?

Scott A