 Local / United Kingdom / 1569
  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

In article <FK60MI.DnC@lugnet.com>, Stu C. <9404660c@student.gla.ac.uk> writes (...) Possibly to do with John Rennie McIntosh (of Hill House, Helensburgh fame). Most of his "artwork" has a pink rose in the theme. On the other hand, this could be a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

I got more of the low-down from staff in the Ottakar shop today. The rose is indeed the Charles Rennie McIntosh version referred to previously. DK and Lego are running the show, so the lassie didn't know what the free gifts were to be, though she (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) Do you think that you need a ticket to get a prize? Or do you need a kid to get a ticket to get the prize? And will I be able to live with the guilt if I get a ticket and some kid doesn't? >:) I have to commend Stuart on his eyesight though - (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) because (...) Mmmm, construction machinery fumes... [Please note: this website does not condone the inhalation of industrial waste, even in the circumstances of finding out Lego-related information.] (...) That sounds fine to me also. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) Bah! I finally stumbled in today and they had run out! It was limited to 40 apparently, the assistent said that they didn't want any more kids than that running around :) She did however say that I was welcome to come along, which was nice, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

Sudden realisation that I don't know what any of you other Glaswegian LUGNETeers look like... although chances are you'll be the only other adults looking conspicuously out-of-place among the bawling kids! I'll be the bloke in the Star Wars T-Shirt (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) Luckily there's a picture of Ian and I, on Ians site: (URL) be wearing whitish trousers with a purple t-shirt, so I shouldn't be too hard to miss. Hopefully not so conspicuous that I attract the attention of some of the hundreds or thousands (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) It will be a draw, a real war of attrition with sendings-off and punch-ups galore... if Scotland win, everything will be peachy until Wednesday's return match at Wembley; if England win, then it's time to adopt a Scottish accent and/or family! (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)