 Local / United Kingdom / 1242
Re: First post after the event!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:22:13 GMT

Hi all,

I'm slowly getting back to normal after the 'fest, i.e. I'm running late!

Anyway, my thanks indeed to everyone who attended and helped to make it one
of my best weekends ever 8-) I came out of it with some wonderful old
hard-to-find pieces, plus European and American exclusives, and I'm still
working on trades that were started on the day! I'm really looking forward
to the next one!

I know that Tony has offered to play host next (or more like, he was told
that he will offer!), so how about a Christmas 'fest on December 11? That'll
give us time to finish our Christmas shopping the weekend after, but it's
far enough into December for Tony to have the Christmas tree and fairy
lights up!!!

Wadyathink?!?

BTW: Tony - if you'll provide me with a comfy bed (just like the one I
provided you 8-) ), I'll cook that breakfast!!!

See you all again soon 8-)

Best regards,

Jon.

Huw Millington <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message
We had a great day yesterday. Thanks to Jon and family for having us!

There were 12 of us, IIRC:

Me
Jon
Johathon Goldsworthy
Simon Denscombe (AKA Carbon 60)
Ian Bishop
Tony Prestman
Chris Dee
Liam (surname escapes me)
Sean (Jon's offline AFOL)
Alan Kershaw
Simon Robinson
and last but not least, from the US, Michael Huffman.

After 6 hours talking, building, trading, admiring Jon's collection and so
on, we all went off to the LEGO shop at Bluewater to admire the current • LEGO
range (!) and baulk at the prices :-)

I'm sure others will post more details in due course. I'll post pictures • on
my website later on today.

Huw