 Local / United Kingdom / 1237
Re: First post after the event!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 22:43:39 GMT

In article <1eXUZTAwKn53Ewbc@goodlife.demon.co.uk>, Ian Bishop
<ian@goodlife.demon.co.uk> writes

Jon and Louise were the
perfect hosts and made the event a complete success. Their hospitality
fed and watered everyone for the day, and provided beds for the night
for 5 of us who stayed over. Not content with that, they provided
breakfast and another few hours of 'fest' in the morning before the
party had to break up

Oh yeah! Hear hear! My bed was a bit hard, though :-)

So many thanks go to Jon and Louise for everything, also to Michael for
bringing all the McDonalds sets, • <snip>
and to everyone who
sold or traded great lego with me. Very nice to meet you all.

Absolutely seconded to the hilt. And Mike, if you're listening, where do
you want me to send your four extreme corners ;-)

Again, a huge number of thanks to Jon and Louise, for their hospitality
and generosity.

I appear to have been co-opted as host for the next bash, which may well
occur at the end of Nov/start of Dec. I will make a more formal
announcement, but if anyone wants to give me an idea of their
availability around that time, I'd be grateful. The venue will be my
house, which is conveniently located 2 miles from J17 on the M6, and
about 5 miles from Crewe railway station.

I have to say, though, that the whole deal is conditional on Jon being
available to cook breakfast. The last one was delicious :-P
--
Tony :-)