 Local / United Kingdom / 1041
Re: 8448 Super Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 21:05:22 GMT

I would be interested in some
details about how the suspension is
setup(front and rear?, drive mech to
the wheels, and are those parts
similiar to the 8880 super car)

I have built the chassis, in about 2-3 hours. The separately boxed
sub-assemblies have slashed construction time dramatically - no more sifting
though 100's of pieces for the one you are after.

It has

- rear-wheel drive only
- front steering only
- 5 speed + reverse gearbox, using the same mechanism as 8880/8480
- 8 cylinder engine
- suspension on all 4 wheels, using the old, small, springs, 1 per wheel.
- nowhere near as complicated as 8880, although it is very cleverly
constructed.

Because there is drive through the rear, non steering wheels, only the axle
assemblies are nothing like those on 8880, although some pieces are the
same.

The chassis has a lot of new pieces, including 3 new gears used to make the
transmission run more smoothly. The white axle with a collar on it from znap
is also used, as are a few slizer pieces.

More info to follow as I complete more...

Huw