 Local / Deutschland / 659 (-20)
  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

(...) I didn't have a problem with the seller selling a Lego Lamborghini, I had a problem because he was selling my Lego Lamborghini, or a close approximation thereof. If you still don't believe it's copied, see some of the other posts in this (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

(...) No, *she* does not! But we are getting into the areas where the laws of various countries differ. Generally you can only assume that copyright is protecting the text/image and not the idea. For example in Australia ... taken from (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H7wIr4.BL4@lugnet.com... (...) been (...) of (...) his (...) compensate (...) can (...) credit (...) I am sorry to read that you still feel you have more rights here. Hopefully you never (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

Good, it took guts to speak up and say something. Plus you found out what you suspected. wow. e (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

Well, I contacted the seller, and he apologized. He admitted that he had been inspired by my model and built a similar car. Then, in order to get rid of some white parts and Ferrari wheels, he built another copy to sell. He mentioned that this was a (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Fair Use vs. Infringement (was: Re: Intellectual property and the Internet)

I think this is more accurately treated as a work of art, _not_ an invention. Let me quote Rogers v. Koons and Sonnabend Gallery, Inc. (960 F.2d 301, cert. denied 113 S. Ct. 365). Artist Jeff Koons purchased a notecard with a photograph of a couple (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

(...) Correct. According to the U.S. Copyright Office: "Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

"Ray Silva" <socalray@cox.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H7v817.I2E@lugnet.com... (...) detail (...) about (...) No you are not, and I am still waiting for a comment from Bram about WHAT he is concerned. (...) built (...) This is exactly the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Wenn 1000steine zu macht...

Hallo Reinhard, hallo alle anderen, (...) bei mir ist übrigens ein französisches Fähnlein (aktueller Wohnort), persönlich hätte ich eine Europafahne bevorzugt. (...) Ich auch, bei der Menge ist das nicht auszuhalten. In's (...) Tja, bei News (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Ist ja schon vorbei - Xmas 2002. // War: Na, Blaubärte - schöne Weihnachten gehabt?

(...) Mich regt das nicht auf, ich bin von Computersoftware und Brettspielen schlimmeres gewohnt (z.B. nur CD mit Hülle in ähnlich großem Karton). Stell dir einfach vor, das Volumen ist der Anteil für die Software. Schlimmer wäre es, wenn der Brick (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet

(...) the creator of a (...) IANAL, and it's been at least a decade since I read a book on copyright law, but at least in the US copyrights exist as soon as the work is created. In other countries things are different; for example, many require the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

Heavy. In my gut I know this kinda thing suckz. Its hard to put in words. Bare with me. I'd be a little put off too if its true what you suspect. When using Lego to represent certain shapes, contours and designs, for us, using the various shapes and (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

Am I the only that is wondering why we are talking about this to the detail that we are since Lamborghini should be the one that should be worried about an image that I would venture to guess that they own a copyright to? Also, aren't there a very (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

(...) This doesn't make much sense to me. If I create a sculpture, for example, I own the copyright to the sculpture, because it is a unique creative work, right? So if I build a MOC, I have the copyright to the MOC, not just the pictures of it... (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Intellectual property and the Internet (Was "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de)

The thread about the borrowed Lamborghini Diablo design illustrates some significant issues about intellectual property (IP) and the Internet. The facts of the matter are ... 1) content on the Internet can be accessed worldwide (we all know this, I (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: "Borrowed" Lamborghini Diablo design on Ebay.de

(...) Hi Jon, Actually, I don't see any problem with doing that! I would be flattered if someone found one of my ideas worthy of selling! Personally, I don't even care if they give me credit or not. Who's to say someone else didn't come up with the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Wenn 1000steine zu macht...

(...) Hallo Jan-Albert, (...) Bisher haben aber nur 45 Deutsche eine 'Membership' für Lugnet. Und davon sind einige nicht länger aktiv, andere sind nur auf 1000steine aktiv und einige sind eigentlich nur Verkäufer von Lego. Auf 1000steine sind (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Wenn 1000steine zu macht...

In lugnet.loc.de, Klaas H. Meijaard writes: Hallo Klaas! [unseren ersten echten Club] (...) Hey! Nicht frech werden..... Aber klar darfst Du in den Club: aber erstmal laß uns Regeln + Gebühren überlegen - vielleicht magst Du dann nicht mehr in den (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Wenn 1000steine zu macht...

(...) Ich glaube, weil LUGNET jetzt so gross geworden ist (fest 2000 Teilnehmer glaub ich) das es bald im lugnet.loc.de auch mehrere Leute gibt die Activ teilnehmen sollen. 1000steine ist Toll, aber ich hasse die Webforums. Ich Lese LUGNET nur mit (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Wenn 1000steine zu macht...

(...) Hallo Matthias, herzlich wilkommen auf Lugnet (the friendliest place on earth - und das darfst Du (fast immer) wörtlich nehmen)! Eine Einführung ins Lugnet ist gar nicht so einfach: Ich selbst nutze eigentlich nur die Set-Datenbank und die (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.de)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact