 Local / Deutschland / 197
Re: Help me find LEGO in Frankfurt or in Fulda
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:25:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.de, Torsten Fresemann writes:
Thanks, Torsten!  What I'll be looking for is girl sets (Scala and Belville),
There a large set on sale at Kaufhof but I don't know which one. I can go look
on Monday since it's very central and easy to get to.

since most toystores here in the US do not carry any of those.  I expect to be
able to get to the TRU's and the department store by some kind of public
transportation.  Do you happen to know the addresses of the stores or the
names of the closest bus stop/subway station?
Sure. Frankfurt's not that large, you have three department stores and a
dedicated toyshop on the main shopping street, one TRU is in a shopping centre
to the north and another in a rundown neighbouring commune to the east. There's
a few more department and smaller stores around, those above have it pretty
much covered, though.

Thanks for the info!

Are there any smaller toystores in downtown area where I could just walk to?
See above.

It sure isn't easy to try to find a place I don't know at all.  Also, does any
of the stores you mentioned carry discontinued sets?  I'm despereately looking
for some Paradisa sets also.
Some discontinued set or other is always available. As for Paradisa, there is
some to be had; just today I saw a couple of sets in a large supermarket.

Really?! Oh how I wish I could be there right now!

Sayonara.  (Sprichst Du Japanisch?)
Leider nicht, wuerde aber gerne. While at a language course in France in 1993 I
met some Japanese people who taught me some words/expressions. Don't remember
much though, apart from some bad words and some others. Gengki, Yuki?

Un, genki (or more politely, hai, genki-desu.)  Und Dir, Torsten, wir geht's?

Let us know when you will be arriving and doe and I will try and meet you then
or at least let you know where it's happening Legowise. Don't expect to find
any magical shops with really stock like Larry does. Hi Larry! Hehehe...

Best regards,
Torsten

I really appreciate your offer.  Ich freue mich darüber (?).  As I said to
Ralph, I would love to meet you two for Lego shopping/ sightseeing.  I'm
arriving on March 7th and staying for six days.  I'm sure we can find some time
to meet one another.  I never met other collectors from Lugnet, so this is
going to be lots of fun for me.  I will e-mail you with more details as soon as
I find out more about my trip.  Thanks again.