 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 57
Re: Technic Bargain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:22:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, Chris Magno writes:
HI:

Actually, the get together is just a bunch of us. the only relation to U
of T is that i manage a theatre there and it is great to hold the
robotic event.  but it is not a technic only gathering.  I'd love to
have some sort of Toronto, lego meeting.  maybe once a month, heck even
just a meet in a pub or something......

BTW all the info for the robot mindstorms event is here:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/

Ahh great.. That sounds like a good plan. We could get an interested group to
goto a pub or someplace small and have a few talks about what we can do to
start a TorLug or something along those lines. The robotics event sounds fun..
I'd like to participate. Soon as some bills are paid off I'm picking up a
mindstorms invention system and a few technic sets for parts. The Engineers
will wup my ass in practical design..I'm more of an art guy so I'll just end
up making something silly that follows along the hunter/gatherer rule =).

I think another plan is maybe work up a bulk buying arrangement with a local
Dacta dealer to buy bulk technic bits.. eg. a few hundred gears/pins/beams and
split it for cost among anyone interested. I'm talking to dealer now in the
area.

Hmm... on another note anyone know when Zellars have their 15% off lego day? I
know they have it at least once a month.. and I spotted a few zellars with
some nice technic sets on clearance =).

Regards,

Kurt
oblagon@hotmail.com