 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 53
Re: Technic Bargain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:59:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Kurt Williams writes:

I find TRU can yield an occasional bargin. Here in Toronto I came across a • few
good deals at TRU.

True, the TRU in Dufferin Mall (?) had lots of Fort LEGOredo for $50+tax • (~£25)
a while back, along with some generally older looking stuff.

If only on that trip I hadn't already sacrificed too many clothes - suitcase
and backpack full of cheap Dark Forest and Ninja - I would have cleaned them
out :)

I'll have to check out the TRU at Dufferin.. the one near me is at the Young
and Enlington [?sp?] center.. thats where I got the half price cyber slam. The
Toys Toys Toys store at the Eaton Center is where I found the 6 year old
8857.. they have plenty of Fort Legoredo's also... however Toys Toys Toys
always seem to mark up their prices above MSRP and never have discounts...
leaving the fort legorado collecting dust forever at 119$ CDN =). Which
explains why theres old sets still on the shelves... they MAY have older
town/castle sets but I never checked.. I only noticed Fort Legoredos.

Now if I can find a black cat rig in a store somewhere I'd be happy... the
US/canadian exchange kills my chances of picking one up from ebay or • dealers..
at least at the moment.

That would be great, if I can't manage to get a black cat I'll end up getting
a few 5563 Diesel Rigs from shop at home.

Regards,

Kurt

ps: is there a Toronto area LUG? If not I wouldn't mind starting up a TOR-Lug
so to speak.