 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 54
Re: Technic Bargain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 01:30:33 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, Kurt Williams writes:

I'll have to check out the TRU at Dufferin..

Yeah, it was more interesting than the usual TRU fare..

the one near me is at the Young and Enlington [?sp?] center..

Eglington? I dunno - I live in Scotland :)

thats where I got the half price cyber slam. The
Toys Toys Toys store at the Eaton Center is where I found the 6 year old
8857.. they have plenty of Fort Legoredo's also... however Toys Toys Toys
always seem to mark up their prices above MSRP and never have discounts...

Yeah, I have a bit of a gripe about them too, I thought it might be just the
location (Eaton Center == first choice of lots of rich+busy parents), but the
one at Scarbourgh Center is almost as bad as well.

Actually - you might want to check out Scarbourgh Center too - a lot of weird
shops like The Bay have older LEGO - shops that I didn't expect to find LEGO
in.. although I don't usually look out for Technic!

leaving the fort legorado collecting dust forever at 119$ CDN =). Which
explains why theres old sets still on the shelves... they MAY have older
town/castle sets but I never checked.. I only noticed Fort Legoredos.

I don't think they do have any older town/castle, although they do have high
shelves so I could be wrong!

Now if I can find a black cat rig in a store somewhere I'd be happy... the
US/canadian exchange kills my chances of picking one up from ebay or
dealers.. at least at the moment.

I'm about 20-30% sure that I have seen a 5571 somewhere in Toronto, if you
haven't checked them out, then Dufferin + Scarbourgh Center would be the places
to go!

ps: is there a Toronto area LUG? If not I wouldn't mind starting up a TOR-Lug
so to speak.

Can I be a virtual member? :) I am planning to move to Toronto in the not-to
distant future - I'm visiting later this and next week too :)

Richard