 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 162
161  |  163
Subject:
Mindstorms, and the event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 05:20:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, Chris Magno writes:
Welcome to the Toronto Group.

As soon as i save up
enough money, i'll be buying a mindstorms kit off ebay, but i'll also • need
an upgrade kit available only from dacta so i can use a standard kit • on a
mac computer, so i'm not gonna have one for a while

Why would you want to wait for e-bay??? you can get a mindstorms • RCX kit
for the regular $300,   or you can read my last post and discover
Sprectum and get just  the brick, then program it in NQC. (for about
$170)

Either way, your more than welcome to attend the lego robotics
challenge.... I'm not sure though if it will be on the 16th...... After
talking with Calum it seems like we are leaning towards the 23.

Chris
Lego Walker now @
www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm

Why you ask? well, because it's cheaper! :o)
I have looked into that whole buying the brick only, but the price is 100
usd, so considering that i could get the whole kit for about 165 on ebay,
with two motors, two touch and the light sensor, it seems like it just better
to get it from ebay as the whole kit. But than again, shipping from ebay is
expensive, and there's also the risk involved, man have i had bad
experiences on ebay.... I may just buy it in a store, than slap out another
150 about, maybe 200 cd with shipping to get the upgrade kit so i can run
it on a mac. And i know that when i do i must get vision command, if you
haven't seen it, go to the lego web site and take a peek, sounds
interesting to me!

Well, i hope it's on the 23, my older brother won't be able to come if it's
the 16, he's got a wedding to attend to, so that takes priority. Either way
i'm comming for sure, and i hope to bring out some samples of what i'll
have in my lego city when it's built, i might bring down a train and a
coup[le sturdy buildings.
Also, can't wait to see how that brickstacking contest is gonna turn out,
sounds hard to make a bot for that! but i've bever tried, seeming as i only
own a scout, but the scout is still fun, and will make a great addition to
my future mindstorms kit. But my next purchase is gonna be a metroliner
off ebay, it's so damn expensive, hey, anyone wanna sell me one, or
interested in a trade? Right now i'm building my 9v train range, i want just
about any  9v train set EXCEPT the new passenger train. I'm sorry, but it's
the most hidious train lego ever cranked out, i don't know why anyone
would buy it.
Well, i think this message is officialy to long, so i'll shut up. :)
Braden Fox