 Local / Canada / Ontario / 186
Re: Do you ever wonder...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:49:45 GMT

Sounds like we have three, maybe four already that would be interested in
this.  Should we start a new thread perhaps and see about organizing it?

yes definately, i can start one. Unless you start one while I am writing
this.

Gerard... I hope you don't mind my asking, but maybe you can help me with • a
couple of Hobby Show questions...

You mention that November is a long way off to commit to being there.  Do
you feel that trying to organize this later in the year would have been • more
effective?  (1)

Well i`m switching schools right now, and I don`t know which university will
accept me and give me some credit for the work i have done. So I don`t even
know where I will be living in November. 90% sure it will be in southern
ontario.

HOWEVER, we need time to build impressive Lego models, and since i recently
got a newer set, i`m expeimenting with liftarm and the like to build
something better than possible with bricks alone. I mainly build with
Technic (just so you know). Right now I`m planning something that i believe
will be nice, and then building will take a while too. But will it be
together till November? I don`t know If i finish it in may or june, it will
have to be really impressive to convince me to buy more lego to leave it
together... Maybe i`ll get a mindstorms set then ;)

Initially When I read the post and saw November I right away thought "That
is far away, maybe i`ll look at it later, like sept or oct". Now you have
successfully focused my attention to it, but i`m sure most people thought in
the same way.

Was there a better way in which to announce it?  I dumped nearly all the
details into one long LUGNET post.  I'm wondering if it was too much • reading
all at once.

Info was good, but i think you should have posted it in all ontario groups
instead of just .ca.on, not much is posted there, no one reads it, i
happened to see it because it was highlighted on the front page.

Are there any incentives (such as prizes etc.) that might help get people • to
express an interest in this?

Probably, but I`m interested anyway.

Did the original announcement sound as though I was asking people to sign • in
blood that they would attend?  I hope not.  It was really meant to let
people know this was happening and to get people to email me with an
expressed interest in attending, not a firm commitment.

Seemed a little, at least to me, your other postings made it more clear...

(1) I was actually worried that the announcement was coming too late. • I've
been working on this since December of 2002.  Much of that time was spent
contacting the show itself, the LEGO company and also potential vendors • for
the show.

I must thank you for already putting in so much effort to get those
organizations involved, I know how those things can sometimes take forever.

I will be trying to attend for at least one day, can`t think what would
happen in November that would stop me from going. What I would bring, I
don`t know, not sure If I`m going to be working on the same thing for
acouple months and then tie up the bricks in that project so I can`t build
much else.

Gerard