 Local / Canada / Ontario / 187
186  |  188
Subject:
Meeting for AFOL who can`t make it to Toronto.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:24:07 GMT

We are looking to organize an meeting like the rtlToronto Dinners, but at a
location outside of the GTA. This is not at all a movement to form another
group other than rtlToronto since we don`t want to split up people. We just
would like to organize an unofficial get together in the central part of
southern Ontario.

We have not yet decided on a place to get together but it would probably
somewhere in the imaginary triangle formed by London, Kitchener and
Harriston. This would allow people from the London area , KW area, and all
those little towns and small cities towards lake Huron to meet without
having to drive more than an hour to get to Toronto. Of course people from
the GTA are just as welcome if they are willing to make the journey down
this way.

This event could be a very good opportunity to show other people what you
have made out of Lego and share ideas and help each other out. You might
also be able to Buy, Sell or Trade Lego. We can also look into participating
in events such as the hobby show in November or similar events in cities
outside the GTA.

Currently we have 3 people who are interested:
Allen Bedford (Stratford)
Andrew Keeping (Harriston)
Gerard Steenbeek (between Stratford and London)

Once Again, this is not a separist movement from rtlToronto, rtlToronto
covers a huge area. Not everyone wants to drive for hours to meet with a few
Lego enthusiasts. I would love to attent a rtlToronto robotics or train
event. It would be great if some people for Toronto can drive this way to
meet outside of the city. For people living on the west side of Toronto,
Kitchener would be thge same distance to drive as it would be for people
living in London, Hariston and Exeter, which is where I live.

If you are interested please reply to this thread and we can set up a list
of possible locations. Please include where you live, and driving times to
different cities.

Thanks for reading this, I hope we can get a group of people who have never
been able to make it to a Toronto meeting and introduce those to people in
other areas of Ontario, maybe even people from Toronto!

Gerard Steenbeek