 Local / Canada / British Columbia / Victoria / 125
Re: New AFOL in Victoria
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.org.ca.viclug
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:25:29 GMT

I certainly understand privacy issues as I work in the IT section at the UVic
Library. We have to deal with lots of online privacy issues.

Perhaps people would be more comfortable meeting at a coffee shop or restaurant.
This would allow a more regular time to be publicized, protect privacy and
remove most of the hosting duties. I had hoped that the afol.meetup.com website
would have provided an opportunity for a Victoria gathering but there need to be
more people from Victoria signed up to add Victoria to the list. It seems like a
good system though, and since we have the lugnet.org.ca.viclug@lugnet.com which
I hope will work like an email list we can use that to publicize meetings to
members.

Dang, there I go getting ahead of myself again. Sorry, I am a compulsive
organizer.  I'll try to bite my tongue before I step on too many toes and get my
wife mad at me for volunteering for something else. :)

Ted