 Local / Canada / 368
Re: 3 weeks waiting period
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:37:29 GMT

"David A." wrote:

Hi ,
I hope it's the right place for this question, if it's not please excuse me.
I won an auction at ebay and sent the seller (a Canadian seller) a US bank
cheque.
A while has passed and to my (3) inquiries he claimed he didn't get the cheque.
After I got a reception notice through the mail he recalled getting the cheque,
but claimed a US cheque can take 21 days to clear..
He finally sent me the LEGO set (or at least he wrote me he did - I didn't get
it yet) 21 days after he received the cheque.

Is 21 days clearing period for a US cheque possible or did he just stall for
time?
(I'm wondering about the feedback I should leave him).
Any reply will be appreciated,
David

I did some digging on US Cheques in Canadian banks before I started selling on
ebay.

Some Banks hold the cheques for 30 days! If you don't have a US account set up they
can hold it for that long. It takes 3 times the time to ensure that a cheque has
cleared.

So yes, the guy could be honest. It can also take 30 days for surface mail to
arrive in the US states.
Air mail is MUCH faster.

Find out the day he mailed the package. IF it was sent air, no more then 15 days
SHOULD elapse...

Hope that helps.

BTW, if you have a US account in Canada, the cheques are MUCH faster. About 10
days.

Dean
--
TFM's Home Page: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm