 Local / Canada / 367
Re: 3 weeks waiting period
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:22:38 GMT

David A wrote:
Is 21 days clearing period for a US cheque possible or did he just >stall for time?

It's possible, but not usual. Like Ralph's, my bank in Vancouver BC
allows me to access the money immediately but if a check bounced they
would of course debit my account again. I allow 10 days for clearing,
but since I've never had a check bounce I don't really know if that's
enough. Occasionally someone eager will email me to let me know a check
has cleared from their end, and that is always less than 10 days.

Sounds like you have a rather disorganised or dishonest seller there.

Kevin

--
Personal Lego Web page:
eBay auctions:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/