 Local / Canada / 1653
Re: Pictures from VLC Surrey Museum Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 03:56:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Dean Husby wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Tim Tosino wrote:
http://www.akasa.ca/vlc/vlcsurreymuseum2003/

Our first show for 2003. It is a layout of Vancouver at the turn of the century
to about 1930's. Details to follow if anyone has questions or comments.

You missed the best part.

The fact that this layout has TWO reversing loops and a shared line!

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/~vlc/4-04r-Sections.gif

is an overview of the layout. You'll notice the figure eight line shares the
tressle bridge with the main line.

I used 3 RCX's with my custom light sensors to control the whole thing.

TFM

Now that is really impressive. The pictures look great, but I would love
to be able to set up an RCX controlled layout with reversing loops, etc.
Now, if I could just afford those RCX's...    :-(
BTW, my compliments on the layout. Wonderful job.
Play well.

Tim Strutt