 Local / Canada / 1648
Re: Pictures from VLC Surrey Museum Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:55:49 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Tim Tosino wrote:
http://www.akasa.ca/vlc/vlcsurreymuseum2003/

Our first show for 2003. It is a layout of Vancouver at the turn of the century
to about 1930's.

I like it! Particularly the hotel and the greenery. It reminds me of my two
years in Vancouver, and of a song I haven't thought of in ages:

  There's a place in Vancouver you all know so well
  It's a place where they keep rotgut whiskey to sell
  They also keep boarders and keep them like hell
  And the name of the place is...
    THE GRAND HOTEL! [ok so it's not quite the Hotel Vancouver]
  In the Grand Hotel when the loggers roll in
  [etc. etc.]

Maybe next you could use up those spare grey bricks by making a
mini-Simon Fraser University (my hangout 1995-97, designed by Arthur
"Concrete is the marble of the 20th century" Erickson).

Judy Miller