 Local / Canada / 1584
Re: Toys R Us Canada -- December 21, 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:28:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Gail Meagher writes:
Just came home from Toys R Us here in Kitchener, ON.  50% off on Alpha Team,
Jack Stone, Life on Mars, Select Studios, Bob the Builder and Soccer. • <snip good deals>
Sale runs through Dec 24.
Can I get a report from someone who went to the sale?
So what Studio sets are on sale, and which are not?  Does TRU accept the
Mania Magazine coupons on top of the sale?

I'm not braving the crowds for the last Saturday before Christmas, but
maybe there will be something left for Monday morning (no Sunday
shopping here).

Derek Raycraft and I went out to check it out-some really good catches there
if you like Soccer or AT:

Soccer:
Championship Challenge, Women's Team, Shoot and Score, etc are all 50% off.
And unlike Sears Clearance, the boxes are in good condition.  3403 Fans
Grandstand was only $5, as was 3402, the samller light stand, at $4.50.
Bought a couple of those.  Ball Busses (Red) were only $15.

Alpha Team:
Ogel's Command Center, the Giant Squid, the AT Bomb Squad, the TRU only
Mech, were all there.

Bob the Builder:
Usual assortment of sets.

Studios:
Apart from the giant green dinosaur head, nothing from Studios was there.

Jack Stone and LOM were nowhere to be found.

Not sure about the coupons, but the place was stupid with traffic here in
Toronto.  It took us nearly 15 minutes to find a spot, with people parking
in the alleyways, up on the embankments (owning an SUV means you too can be
a arrogant prick) and in fire and tow away zones.  Inside was also pretty
busy.  Things like 4107's were completely missing.

Calum