 Local / Canada / 1596
Re: Toys R Us Canada -- December 21, 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:22:25 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

In lugnet.loc.ca, Gail Meagher writes:
Sale runs through Dec 24.
Can I get a report from someone who went to the sale?
So what Studio sets are on sale, and which are not?  Does TRU accept the
Mania Magazine coupons on top of the sale?

Derek Raycraft and I went out to check it out-some really good catches there
if you like Soccer or AT:

Thanks Calum

I checked out the Dartmouth NS store this morning.  They did accept the
coupons, but only had one of the three soccer sets you could use them
on.

Soccer:
Championship Challenge, Women's Team, Shoot and Score, etc are all 50% off.
And unlike Sears Clearance, the boxes are in good condition.  3403 Fans
Grandstand was only $5, as was 3402, the samller light stand, at $4.50.
Bought a couple of those.  Ball Busses (Red) were only $15.

Lots of the Women's team and expansion sets @$5.  Lots of Championship
challenge, and a smattering of other sets.  None of the small grandstand
and only one opened box of the ball bus.

Alpha Team:
Ogel's Command Center, the Giant Squid, the AT Bomb Squad, the TRU only
Mech, were all there.

About the same, with more of last years sets than this years.

Studios:
Apart from the giant green dinosaur head, nothing from Studios was there.

Nothing

Jack Stone and LOM were nowhere to be found.

I got the last of the 7317 (biggest LoM), but they had a bunch of 7316.

Not sure about the coupons, but the place was stupid with traffic here in
Toronto.  It took us nearly 15 minutes to find a spot, with people parking
in the alleyways, up on the embankments (owning an SUV means you too can be
a arrogant prick) and in fire and tow away zones.  Inside was also pretty
busy.

Luckily here the TRU is in a big mall.  Still the lot was almost full.
I was very surprised by the lack of sale signs in TRU.  Unless you
looked very closely at the shelf stickers, you would not know the LEGO
was on sale.  I told a bunch of shoppers while I was there.

Calum