 Local / Canada / 1383
Re: Zellers and Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:38:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, John Battcock writes:
With the current Zeller's Buy one get one half price sale, I thought it
would be an excellent oppurtunity to build a small army of Storm Troopers by
stocking up on #7201. So on Saturday morning I visited all five differnt
Zeller's stores in the Halifax/Dartmouth area. My total take was zero units.
In fact there was not even a sticker on the shelf . Lots of 7200, 7203 and
7204.

Since Saturday I have reflected on this issue and decided to ask other
Candian lego fans if they have noticed any of the following has happened at
Zeller's stores in thier provinces.

In Toronto and Belleville, I could find 7201's.

Do you think that this is some Zellers Regional Manager's buying decision or
perhaps the Lego rep has dropping the ball. If I was buying the odd set here
and  there I probably wouldn't notice and buy everything at TRU retail, but
when Lego is your vice,it's awfully nice to get those 25% discounts.

You know, I can't really find anything I like either.  It seems Zellers is
devoid of any good sets lately, it's like the worst subset of the Lego
lineup (which is already bad) they could do.

Calum