 Local / Canada / 1379
Re: Zellers and Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:09:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, John Battcock writes:
Hi Folks,

With the current Zeller's Buy one get one half price sale, I thought it
would be an excellent oppurtunity to build a small army of Storm Troopers by
stocking up on #7201. So on Saturday morning I visited all five differnt
Zeller's stores in the Halifax/Dartmouth area. My total take was zero units.
In fact there was not even a sticker on the shelf . Lots of 7200, 7203 and
7204.

Hey John,
I have noticed the same thing in the two Zellers in the Fredericton area -
they have three of the four Jedi Defense/Final Duel sets.  I can't remember
which exactly they are missing, but I'll bet it's 7201.

All the Zeller's stores Line coverage ends at about the $45.00 price point.
For example; there are no Harry Potter Train sets, No Harry Potter Castles
at any of the Local Zellers. No Ogel underwater base.  This is not reflected
in my above percentages.

I've noticed this too.  There are no new large sets at all.
The selection at Zellers has diminished drastically over the past year.  They
used to have almost a full aisle, and now it looks like less than half an
aisle.
Maybe they decided to scale back their Lego selection after that huge clearance
a couple of years ago - it was great for us, but must have been painful for
the store.

Jeff J