 Local / Canada / *3097 (-20)
  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) Calum, According to your stats, we beat your tourism on a per capita basis. :-) Do not forget that with Ottawa you have Gatineau and a reasonable proximity to Montreal. Actually, I do not want to argue that LEGO do something here instead of (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) (URL) If this is the first you've heard of it, then I'm sure that once you've (...) I couldn't agree more. :) Allan B. (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) Brickshelf is back up now. Drool over this selection of fences and foliage: (URL) some more links to drool over: (URL) Strutt (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) Well, Brickshelf seems to be down this minute, so I can't pull out any direct links, but when it's back up, just do a search in the gallery for "pick-a-brick" or "pab", and you'll see pictures of the bins of bricks in these stores that you (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) Because those 3 Ontario stores carry special S@H packs and sets, discontinued items, have displays, and have only a huge honkin' LEGO logo out front, I had always assumed they were at least an officially recognized exclusive brand store. I (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) Adult Fan of Lego Please see Shiri Dori’s Acronym FAQ: (URL) Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, FTX)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) LEGO Imagination Centers, besides looking somewhat cooler on a whole, tend to end up with a whole lot of non-line merchandise and things like keychains and magnets and stuff. The Brand Stores are just that, and the Outlets carry a broader (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) It's good to hear of another new AFOL. :-) It stands for Adult Fan Of LEGO. Play well. Tim Strutt (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

"Tim Courtney" <tim.courtney@SPAMCA...ktron.com> wrote in news:Hvpp22.AJB@lugnet.com: (...) Hi, i'm new here. I'm canadian, from québec city. I understand that AFOL seems to mean a fan of lego, but what's the exact meaning of the letters? Thanks. (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) I can't speak to any of the others, but from what I know of talking to the folks at Bricks & Blocks in St. Jacob's, they are an independent retailer. They aren't a franchise or official company store in any way so far as I know. Having said (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) Imagination Centres", "LEGO Brand Stores", and "LEGO Outlets", from the point-of-view of buying selection. They sound the same as the 3 franchise stores we already have in Ontario (Windsor, Waterloo area, and north of Toronto). And compared to (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) Alexander - I encourage you to use your local store as a way to network with other AFOLs. Introduce yourself to the store manager, and ask if they wouldn't mind putting you in touch with other local AFOLs who come and buy. I imagine you aren't (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) Frank, I'm living in 30 minutes of driving from this Moscow store. And I think that you seem to be right - these days I see a lot of activity from TLC in Russia - various campaigns with other brands, TV advertising etc., there was nothing like (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) Don't forget the southern US, too(1)! Here in South Texas, I'm more than a 15 hour drive from any LEGO Outlet, probably a lot more than that. I mean, talk about pent up demand...(2) Texas(3)! It's a good place to have one, too! C'mon LEGO... (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

"Christian Treczoks" <ct@braehler.com> wrote in message news:Hvoy1q.24Fz@lugnet.com... (...) Hmm, I wonder if Moscow gets a LEGO brand retail store because a definite market is perceived, but perhaps there aren't good retail partners to get the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) I know GTA would be a great spot in Canada economically for a new store, but you know I had to put in a plug for Ottawa. :-) (...) If they had outlet pricing for a small selection, we'd be there as least weekly to check for new items. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

(...) Niagara Falls of course. It is already a huge tourism hotspot, with large numbers of outlet style/specialty stores and attractions. 14 million people visit Niagara Falls annually. (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) Anyhow, it would be nice if they put one in australia (1 in each captial city would be nice but start with Sydney and Melbourne I guess) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) Well, first and foremost it would be a sensible and intelligent decision to open stores in places where there are actual customers for the given product. And the first thing one seems to learn at the manager school is to avoid sensible and (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: whats up with the rollout of the Lego Stores?

(...) are they getting *another* one? Or are you seeing an old page? I know they have had a store since 2002: (URL) have never known Lego to say where they were going to put a store, heck - they really do not even tell you that when it opens - you (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact