 Local / Australia / Western Australia / Perth / 83
Re: What do you store your Lego in?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.wa.per
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 19:52:36 GMT

Hi Braith
you write:
Plano make tackle boxes in a similar style but has adjustable
compartments.  The 3700 box is ideal but at $17.00 is a little pricey
for plastic.
$17 for the 3700 ? ouch! here in the US they sell for $3.97 at Walmart. This
is the 2 " depth translucent plastic tray right? I must say I am surprised at
the price difference.
The storage system I have been developing uses those boxes and for portability
I use a sterlite 20 gallon container. It works very well with the plano boxes
and will hold 13 of them and still close. These can then be stacked to the
ceiling. I still havent gotten to a labeling system as my Legos keep expanding
to exceed available storage : ). I also found a "Real" wood shelving rack that
works well with the planos also. The typical partical board shelves wouldnt
hold up to the weight.   I am still kinda stunned at the price of those
containers. Does Austrailia add some extreme tarifs on that sort of product ?
I used to be able to have my legos in one small tackle box and that was great
for moving them around, then I rediscovered Legos about a year ago and they
havent fit since .. heehee
Have a great weekend!
     John