 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 81
Re: LegOz 2000 page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 03:17:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Richard Parsons writes:
Peter Callaway wrote in message ...
Way cool dude! Definitely link it into Port Block

Done :-)

And as to the photos of AFOLs thing - I have some real reservations ;-)  I
just don't think the sum of the universe will be increased by additional
images of my smiling dial.  Seems like a great waste of perfectly good film.
More pictures of Lego - that's what's needed!

After a good session last night with the LEGO I'll have to revise
my want list and send it to you. It'll read something like "Grey ,
plates, grey plates and umm.... grey plates".

I sense the fear and desperation in your quest for the elusive grey plate.
I know the pain of being asked to pay $80 for the Sith Grey Plates
Supplementary Pack.  I understand.

Yes, it seems the phrase "drastically marked down for clearance of old stock
because we're getting truck loads of new 2000 LEGO" is not in Australian
retail store vocab. They all still seem stuck on the phrase "lets rip the
unsuspecting sods off blind and blame it on the geographical location of
Australia in relation to the rest of the retail world and the fact that the
exchange rate is buggered at the moment. And we'll wait untill 2001 to release
the 2000 LEGO to milk the older stuff for all it's worth". Did anyone detect a
note of cynicism in there somewhere?

<<leans closer, and gestures young jedi to lean closer also>>

Use your fear Luke, use the desperation rising in your stomach.  Come over
to the dark side - feel for the stanley knife and the steel rule in you desk
drawer - you know where they are - reach out for them with your mind - eye
the grey 48x48 baseplate standing obnoxiously whole in the corner - you know
what to do........

<shudder> I feel a great disturbance in the force!! Luke, it is your destiny.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Its such a little thing.....and you can stop whenever you want to......

<<bwoo haa haa haa,  BWOO HA HAAAA>>

I'd feel like Abraham with Isaac on the alter, waiting for the LEGO god to say
in a deep, booming voice "No, Peter, don't sacrifice your 48x48 grey base
plates. Look, here is a mountain of grey plates of all shapes and sizes for
you to choose from. Go forth and be happy".

Pete Callaway