 Local / Australia / 982
    Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans —Jane McDermott
   Well... I'd have to say the Lego scene in Adelaide is alive and well if you judge the sort of OK selection in the shops (K-Mart, Toys 'r Us, DJs, that kind of thing), but no one is owning up to buying it, and the last exhibition was really poorly (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans —Peter White
   (...) Remember to check Harris Scarfe, due to their higher prices, sets can tend to linger there, there is only one in Sydney though, I think its a SA/WA/VIC and TASSIE chain. Do you get the sales that happen over here. Keep your eyes posted and (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (Harris Scarfe) —Jane McDermott
   Dear Peter and anyone else who is interested, Yes Harris Scarfe is a South Australian chain, and here at least it is only a dollar here or there more than other places. However sets don't last long as once a month or so they have up to 20% off (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (Harris Scarfe) —Peter White
   (...) thanks Jane, I have only been to two Harris Scarfes, one in Campbelltown in Sydney, where thinks were pretty expensive eg. Gungan sub $150 (rrp $136). The range was fairly standard for a DJ's/Grace Bros department store. The other one was in (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (Harris Scarfe) —Jane McDermott
   (...) I don't think they do, but there's one a week usually in the lead up to all special shopping events. Johnnies had a 4-5 stores in the suburbs, now taken over by DJs and mostly sold to Harris Scarfe. But the pride and joy of all toy people was (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (Harris Scarfe) —Peter White
   (...) Much the same story in Sydney. 5 Toyworlds, 3 Toylands and a couple of Toy Kingdoms. They still live on in rural NSW. (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)