 Local / Australia / 9673
Re: Bugs September Meet/Mel's House Warming Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:27:03 GMT

I dunno about everyone else, but I'm sure some of us are interested in doing
an order?  Especially with the new attractive shipping rates, or some may
just decide to go alone now for their own orders. email me if interested!

I think I could be tempted (says she, having spent most of the day drooling
over the new items that have appeared on S@H during her absence, especially the
new Harry Potter sets). While I assume the new HP sets will all be available
retail in Oz, am I right in thinking that the release date is still some time
off? In which case, I might as well get them from S@H now while they are in
stock rather than wait until they hit the shops and get scooped up by Christmas
present frenzy season. Remember how the Hogwarts Castle sets disappeared from
the shelves last year!

If we do a group order, I guess we will have to agree on the mode of shipping.
Has anyone in Oz had any first-hand experience with the new Regular Shipping
option, or is it too soon? My question here is by what means is the order
actually shipped, and therefore whether or not you need to be home to sign for
the goods etc. From my point of view, one of the advantages of the Express
Shipping is that I know with some predictability what day the order will arrive
and also that it will arrive between about 8:30am and 9am, which is convenient
in terms of my going to work. Clearly the range of dates on which a Regular
Shipping Order will be delivered is less precise, and also if a different
carrier is used, then the times of the delivery may not be as convenient.

Kerry