 Local / Australia / 942
Re: Found some circa 1997 system sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 09:01:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:

Dave L, the 6746 was $44.50, however I have a funny feeling that I've
seen this at Harris Scarfe and they are in stocktake mode, good chance
of 20% off in the next few weeks, do you want me to grab one if I can
get it at the discount?  Another thought is, I'm a bit suspicious as to why
Coles are suddenly putting out all their old Lego, it _could_ be that they
are gearing up for a pre-GST clearance, however if they don't do this
it will most likely sit there full-price forever and a day.  There are
at least 5 of the 6746 at Coles so I can keep an eye on the situation for
you (I shop there once a week) and let you know if a special comes up
or stocks start to dwindle.  Let me know what you want me to do, if
anything.

Thanks for all this info Deidre. If the 6746 goes to 20% off I'd be interested;
are there any copies of 6718 floating around? (Has anyone else seen one
recently?)

Dave