 Local / Australia / 8943
Re: BrikWars final organisations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 20:39:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Shaun Sullivan writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Zac Soden writes:
Also on a side note I don't think that we should be playing with fire either
as it adds too much complexity...

... If a nosy Yank might interject a thought, I'd suggest *not* to shy away
from fire.  It certainly seems complicated at first, but it's actually pretty
straightforward, and the benefit of having it in the game is nearly
immeasurable.  Witness:

Poured cauldrons of burning oil:

Flamethrowers/Plasma guns:

For instant visual effect and macabre fun, it's hard to top a good roaring
blaze.  It also acts as an easy-to-place barricade.

Of course, if you include it now, *everybody* might try and use it, and that
*would* become unbearably complicated very quickly.  One good fire per game,
that's what I always say ;)

Have fun!
-s

Hi Shaun, it's always good to have a noisy Yank interjecting thoughts
especially when they're had more experience in the field! You put up a very
good arguement. It does add so much more visual pleasure - maybe I'll bring
along a heap of little fire pieces on stands and we'll see what happens...

Thanks for the feedback,

Zac