 Local / Australia / 8808
Re: Yesterday's fest, and some long bow historical theorising...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:53:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Some of the Sydney guys got together yesterday up at Hornsby for the first
2002 fest.  Paul Baulch and Ross Crawford joined us from south of the border
(fantastic work guys).

There was all sorts of wonderful stuff, from train models to technic and
bionicle (which was explained to me are completely different from each other
;-), huge buildings, wet and space ships, island monastaries and hidden
treasure, far to much to list.

Maybe you should come along next time :-)

Nice to see James, Kevin, Pete, Richie (as well as mrs and minor Richie),
Ross and Paul.

Special thanks to Richie for organising, and James for a fun run Piratical
seafaring BrikWars.

...and here are some pics

Piratical BrikWars was fun... my Spaniards only lasted so long because I
managed to cram 35 aboard my extended Armada Flagship. (I think about six
were left alive when the bronze* artefact/cannon balance failed and she
capsized)

Thanks to everyone who came!

Ditto from me! And I must thank Capn Richard for rescuing my pirates, and
sharing the vast spoils with the one survivor!

ROSCO

Well, only three months after the fest, I have posted a page on it:
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/stud/201.htm

Nothing really auspiciously new.  Just a bit of an archive I guess.

It includes the hopelessly draft text of the Maritime BrikWars.  Email or
post your thoughts on what I have missed out, and bits I have shamelessly
made up that you can shamelesslier make up better yourself.  I have named
some stuff best named by others (James?  Pete?  Richie?  Anybody else?) and
I am entirely open to improvements.

Now, to get on to the April fest sometime...

Richard
Still baldly going...