 Local / Australia / 8792
Re: Thanks Lego for the Support
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:04:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Parsons writes:
An Open Letter to Lego
Hi Everyone
I would just like to take this opportunity to say a big thanks to the
Marketing Manager of Lego Australia(can't think of her name at the
moment)but give me time.
One of my associates in the Brisbane Lego Users Group contacted her on our
behalf to ask if Lego Australia could possibly supply 6 T-shirts for our
staff manning the display at the upcoming 25Th National Model Train
Exhibition on the long weekend in May.
The EXCUSE we got was the weakest heap of trash I have heard in a long time

"I'm sorry sir but we can not support or legally stop you from putting on a
display".

I thought any publicity was good publicity and we as a group are very proud
of the effort we have put in to show the public a collection of Lego trains.
Perhaps we should not tell the public that they are Lego trains and that
they are actually "megablock" perhaps they would have been more encouraging.

Thanks again what's her name.
If I posted this in the wrong area please forgive me.
These are my views only not the views of the BUGS as a whole

The person you contacted may not be aware of the efforts in the US to
support clubs that do shows. While T-shirts with LEGO branding are probably
not something they would supply, for reasons to do with branding and trade
dress, there are numerous other things that can be of assistance, if you ask
with a long enough lead time.

However this support may not be available world wide yet.

Contact me offline if it's not obvious who to contact after perusing
lugnet.lego.direct