 Local / Australia / 8676
Re: Bugs... National get together - June Long Weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:17:01 GMT

we were just discussing... we could organise it here... we came up with some
ideas for extra table room etc... and also there's always the back yard and
the garage can be organised around too.

One consideration (which favours a hall over a house) is the fact that it may
be cold and windy at that time of year. In which case, it would need to be
inside, and that reduces the space available at most houses here.

I've used a Uniting church hall down at Merthyr Street, New Farm. Very new with
nice facilities and the Merthyr Street shops are a short walk along the road
(no Lego shopping though). Also, I didn't handle the money on that venture so I
really don't know what it costs. There are a lot of hotels that will give us a
room for the price of the catering (that's mostly what we use for work) but
that's probably more than we are interested in paying.

Fair enough, that's cool... But if there are a fair amount of people, I
kinda think more than 1 theme would be great.  I mean if Technic was
chosen.. definately forget me... I don't have enough (or as it is I have too
much ;)) and R2D2 would have to tag along then ;)... But I think if there
was atleast 2 themes, that would expand the ideas and choices?...

OK, I think the key is to pick a subject or catchphrase rather than a Lego
theme per se, the idea being something potentially suiting all themes (like
that International Creativity Contest). e.g. God Save The Queen (given it's
held in Queensland on the Queen's Birthday), Beyond The Black Stump.

Kerry, I want you to bring along a Space Castle ;P - j/k

Now there's a thought. We could have a cross-theme event, like a cross-dressing
party only with Lego. You could bring medieval space ships, castles on Mars,
Technics Town, Jack Stone pirates, anything so long as it crosses two (or more)
themes. Anything goes (except for Time Cruisers!).

Kerry