 Local / Australia / 8347
8346  |  8348
Subject:
New Web Site '...brickzine.com'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:00:10 GMT

G'day, I'm unleashing a new web site...

It's still in the works so please don't start assessing it just yet ;p

It's called Brick Zone (couldn't register it under that name as it was
taken), so it comes under www.brickzine.com instead.  That is what it will
be anyway.  An Online Variety Magazine type site.  At the moment to get it
started I need some information.  I have a bunch of stuff myself to add but
I'd like other info from others out there too! (I wouldn't want it to be all
just my stuff alone).

What is it to be about?  Everything, this site will be designed to become a
variety - Lego related (please, no Megablocks and the like) site, covering
everything Lego.  I'll be doing a comprehensive scene report of the Lego web
page world, so if you have a link to a web page, send it.  I won't be
competing with any other sites, so please don't feel that way.  This is to
be fun and enjoyable and I hope to have a few things in there other sites
are missing.

There won't be volumes/chapters or anything like that, just a continual site
that will keep growing.  If you see anything on there that maybe someone
else has submitted and for some reason you feel it's yours, please email me
so the credits go to the owner (if allowed).

I'll also have a segment where you'll be able to look at Misc Lego products
that were available through the years, some pictures have already been sent
to me, so thanks for that, we'll take as many as the site can handle.
(pictures of bags, pencils, clocks, watches, books, bed stuff etc)

There will be gifs and wallpaper, and other goodies to add to your site.
I've found some and I've had a bunch sent to me over the year or two as well
(I've been collecting a few things for a site like this for almost 1.5 years).

If anyone is interested, go to my site www.brickzine.com and see if you have
anything so far to submit, and send any suggestions that you think my site
could do with.  Like I said, it's not finished, kit's only just begun and is
still very much under construction.  There a few things there at the moment,
but I haven't set up the links or pages yet, so don't take it as the
finished prouduct.

As time goes on I will sort the colours and the layout a little better, I've
only just really been able to get in and tackle frontpage as I'm no web
expert when it comes to sites so I'm still a learner :) But I think I've
sorted most of it out... enough to save part of my life anyway ;)

You can email me at brickzone@brickzine.com - if there are any problems or
anything you don't agree with, email me at problems@brickzine.com

Many thanks and I look forward to seeing you there!

Mel (please make your submissions suitable for all ages, I can't accept
anything offensive, abusive or anything in a unrelated manner)