 Local / Australia / 819
Re: some curses! Milton sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 14:26:47 GMT

Hi Paul
Glad you got the 6160 :-)
If the guy made a mistake as he said and forgot that that laybuy was mine,
well, it happens. I was just hoping that whoever got it, was not wanting to
make a huge profit on it, but keep it and was at home gloating over it merrily
while building it, as I would've :-)
Not often you find a treasure trove like that, the sets I had on laybuy had to
be seen to be believed *sigh* Oh well, look on the bright side, it saved me
$400.
The sets had been on laybuy a while, but we were in regular contact, and he
did say no problem, cause I was constantly ringing to track down other stuff
for toy collector friends. Funny though, he had my phone number, a simple call
wouldve done! We do have voicemail. He said that he rang twice but there was
no message.
The reason that I left them as long as I did, was because I was so successfull
on my ringing around, and had laybuys in about 6 different stores, in three
states! I went overboard, but got some great sets (all for me, I don't sell on
ebay at all) The phone bill was something to weep over. So was the Lego bill.
Oh well, can't complain too much did get heaps of other sets worth having. I
also recently scored a BSB for $100 (with box and instructions, and put
together once, I thought it was worth it) so what you lose on one round you
gain on another hey?
Rachel :-)

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:

Rachel Kingston wrote in message ...

When was that again Paul?
I neglected to mention that this list was sent to me 3-4 weeks ago, all of • the
sets listed were there then.

I passed through Milton on the Thursday after Easter, i.e. two days after
ANZAC Day.

Who is clearing out Milton? Hope it is not some
ebay entrepreneur.  All these sets including my lost laybuy have been there
for years gathering dust, and suddenly the place is cleared out within a
month!

I don't think it's an eBay entrepeneur. It certainly wasn't me. I just
bought the 6160 which you had told me was there, and the four space minifig
packs. I did buy a couple of other items from his store, but they weren't
Lego.

I must admit that if I'd seen older sets there I would have bought them, but
only to pass on to other AusFOLs. I found a few sets in Eastern Vic that I
sold to Pete W and Richard at what was basically the original cost. If I'd
met any other SydFOLs I would have given them some of the spoils too, alas
they were all elsewhere :-(

(old Duplo and all) I had purchased a few misc sets from him and all
the Lego remained untouched there for months, now Kapow they all disappear • :-(

I think that he was being lazy about the list he sent you, and that it was
way out of date. Keep in mind that a lot of the list you posted was
Insectoid, UFO and Basic, and that they were still there.

I am still in shock over losing my laybuy, escpecially as I had been • referring
friends left right and centre to him who were buying all his old stock of • all
sorts of useless rubbish (pound puppies etc) He was doing cartwheels, then
goes and accidently puts my huge laybuy (for my sons birthday and • christmas)
back on the shelf (after promising he wouldn't) bugger laybuy, next time I • use
plastic *cringe, whimper, it is a cruel, cruel world"
Rachel

How long had your layby been at the store? Definitely get a credit card if
you don't have one, especially because then you can order Lego from
DYA-shopping(*). They have 6748 and a couple of other Western sets if you're
interested. The prices aren't too bad either, sometimes it ends up cheaper
than buying here, even with shipping.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164