 Local / Australia / 7579
Re: train track prservation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:35:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
Hi Michael
Err..be mindful of the language, it doesnt bother me, but the Political
Correctness police might come after you, because harshness of reality is
sometimes a crime! <g>

Yep...And it's strange how being in an Aussie oriented newsgroup, we can get
targetted by Seppo Political Correctness Police about language we use. It's
almost as if they want the whole world doing what they want done in the way
they do it...

Well sometimes its not really a matter of PC'ed ness, but more a question of
tact. For example the situation where a largeish person is approached, the
PC version would be to think of them as a "<something> <something>
challenged person", the tactful method would be to not care at all unless it
did have a very important bearing on the situation.

In this post, i merely pointed out that Lugnet does have an language policy,
and I think this is not so much for PC'edness but more because Lego by
nature is a childrens toy, and what would a child make of being pissed? PC
would be to say "I'm happily challenged", Tact would be to say "I wasn't happy".

Lets not Attack Larry or the Americans this time.

Santosh
Fighting the battle of Operation Infinite Tackiness.
(or should that be Tactiness?)

No worries...I was just fishing for a bite.

Larry, I have no chip on my shoulder, I just enjoy a little stirring...And
of course trying to keep the language of Strine alive. [and being in an
aussie forum, I see no problem with that. Of course if any locals do have a
problem, feel free to make you opinion heard, and I'll TRY and be a little
more careful...no promises though. As to foreigners, please remember this IS
an Aussie forum, and so Strine should be allowed (as Italian is allowed on
loc.it )]

[besides, it also helps the number of postings in loc.au gain on loc.us and
loc.it :) ]

Benjamin Whytcross
[Lugnet member 407]