 Local / Australia / 7524
Re: train track prservation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 02:38:51 GMT

Hi Michael
Err..be mindful of the language, it doesnt bother me, but the Political
Correctness police might come after you, because harshness of reality is
sometimes a crime! <g>

Anyhow, I'm not sure what type of track you're referring to. If its' the old
12V style tracks with the centre rails that conduct electricity, the
methylated spirits as suggested by Ross works. But also try using a rubber
and run that along the metal bits. This usually works for me. When it comes
to the old 12V points, the metho works brilliantly on removing the marks
left by the 12V motors on the centre flat bits.

As for 9V Rails - these are generally more sturdy than the 12V rails, though
I have noticed some rusting on the rails I've got from others. I haven't
really tried the rubber trick on 9V rails, wanna give that a go? I assume
that if you really wanted to be certain, you could try those products that
are used to polish copper (can't think of any specific ones).

Hope this helps, I'll cross post this back to .Trains and hope that someone
might listen now.

Santosh

In lugnet.loc.au, Michael Dickinson writes:
Have asked the train people three times but nobody answers, so does any body
have a good way to keep train track in good condition?Sorry i couldn't make
it to plugs ( really pissed )My wife crashed my car.Hope to catch everyone
next time.Would be prepared to use my place for next venue if we are all
still keen in another month.