 Local / Australia / 7556
Re: train track prservation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:39:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
Hi Michael
Err..be mindful of the language, it doesnt bother me, but the Political
Correctness police might come after you, because harshness of reality is
sometimes a crime! <g>

Yep...And it's strange how being in an Aussie oriented newsgroup, we can get
targetted by Seppo Political Correctness Police about language we use. It's
almost as if they want the whole world doing what they want done in the way
they do it...

Benjamin Whytcross
[preparing for the inevitable responce from certain foreign posters :) ]

(gives in to the inevitable)

My goodness that's a rather large chip you're carrying on your shoulder,
isn't it? Until you foamed the only US post in this thread was one intended
to be helpful.

Hmm. Do you mean this:
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=7520

Unless I'm missing a joke about the cleanliness of Michael's house, it looks
more rude than "helpful". If you don't understand why, let me know and I
shall explain.

Scott A
(More of a "Jock" than a  "Seppo")

Now now! I Think Benjamin was referring to someone sniping about the "p"
word rather than Larry's light-hearted comment about mud and cleanliness.
Quite amusing I thought, and I'm sure no offence was taken.

Let's not get worked up over this one.

Pete Callaway