 Local / Australia / 7436
Re: Vegemit sighting in Northern California!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:37:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Dave Low writes:

Superb -- are you still on the black stuff Maggie?

Unfortunately I went through the supply Rosco brought me and I do not have a
reliable source for more.  I am able to obtain a steady supply of Marmite, but
as it isn't quite the same, it is not a daily habit. ;-)

There *must* be *somewhere* to get hold of it!!!

Interesting that it was a pickup -- utes are in scandalously short supply in
this country but "trucks" are everywhere. I'd really rather have a proper
ute, but if/when I end up getting a vehicle here I guess a small pick up
will have to do.

This was a full size pickup.  And not yukky dark brown BTW Rosco, but yukky
dark blue.  Although it wouldn't be bad in dark brown as long as it was
metallic.

I suppose utes are what we call suv's?

Nah, your SUVs are what we generally call 4 wheel drives. A ute is more like a
station wagon with the back seat & trunk removed, and replaced with an open
area for carrying stuff. Imagine taking a wagon, getting an oxy cutter, and
cutting down behind the front seat to the bottom of window level, then turning
towards the rear & cutting horizontally round to the other side.

We have plenty of those here too.  I
have traditionally preferred station wagons myself, but my '85 Volvo just
passed pollution inspection again, so now my husband wants to see if we can • get
300,000 miles out of it before I get a new car.  By then even I will be truly
sick of wagons and will be ready for a totally different kind of vehicle.

Say, VEGMIT only has six characters, maybe that plate isn't taken!

If only I had a car!!

ROSCO