 Local / Australia / 7425
Re: Vegemit sighting in Northern California!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 17:50:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Maggie Cambron writes:
While garage saleing today here in Vacaville I passed a Ford pickup truck with
the license plate "VEGEMIT".  Of course, I thought of you all in loc.au (where
I like to lurk BTW because this is one of the more entertaining local groups--
hope you don't mind! :-) ).  And I really didn't misspell it-- in California
vanity license plates are only allowed seven characters.

Superb -- are you still on the black stuff Maggie? I'm currently enjoying
Vegemite on tortillas: not bad, but the best Vege substrate has to be
toasted pide (turkish bread).

Interesting that it was a pickup -- utes are in scandalously short supply in
this country but "trucks" are everywhere. I'd really rather have a proper
ute, but if/when I end up getting a vehicle here I guess a small pick up
will have to do.

--DaveL (off-topic)