 Local / Australia / 6904
Re: Dinosaur sets are out (and are storming my lounge room... arghhhhhh!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 08:35:23 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Adam Wood writes:
What are other peoples opinions of the Dinosaurs?

Well I just went into the city just a little while ago... Star Wars thing
was only half built, so bugger that... anyway not many stores had the Dino
sets, But we bought some.  Personally I think for what they are, they are
cool, and the boys love them.  Interesting packaging too!

To me they seem to be one step away from Duplo. Even the Buyonicles and
RoboRiders are more 'reusable'. They're pretty cool if that's what you're
into, but...

You mean BOYonicles :P  I wouldn't even compare them to anything else Lego
has bought out, I think they are more like a 'little kit' type thing.  I
like the idea that you can get 4 Dino's out of one set though.  Nice colours
too :P

'Adam
- who has the entire RoboRiders sets, but only one Duplo set.

"Ive Sorocuk" <ive@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
Just picked up one of the new dinosaur sets (6721) from Toy Kingdom and • it's
alot better than i expected, though don't expect to use much pieces for
anything other than dinosaurs.

The insert has pics of the Jack Stone sets as well if anyones interested.

The Jack Stone stuff in the city was absolute trash!  The two smaller sets
were $8.95 and then the next set was $14.95, $39.95 and I can't remember the
other larger set, not that I cared really.  I thought the sets look worse in
person, and I'd only buy one or two depending on what pieces are in them (if
you can call them pieces).  The 'Creator' style minifig I have decided,
really needs to go!  Even my kids said "I don't want that, looks stupid" hahaha.

Mel

Ive Sorocuk
-First Lego I bought in a while

---