 Local / Australia / 6903
6902  |  6904
Subject:
Hi Every Dinosaur Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:21:22 GMT

>But then, you could consider it as an incentive to travel to our next meet.

Oh yeah, But lego itself is a big drawcard.  seeing another fans space
creations is icing in the cake (as opposed to the icing I just dropped on
the keyboard.  Damn coffee scrolls!) but I am looking forward to meeting
you Paul.

>By the way, did you get any of those 6982's at Toyworld Ballarat last year?
>They got a HUGE stack of them, bigger than any store in Melbourne got. At
>$60 each they were an absolute bargain.

Last year, when I must have missed it.  DAMN DAMN DAMN!
on a side note it looks as if Toyworld Ballarat is clearing out it's lego
range, they have very little at the moment, and have 25% off a lot of it
anyway.  Maybe they are buying up big for the new range of Harry
Potter.  Who knows?

>It's really disappointing that some Oz people will make a point of buying
>one of each of these junk sets(*), but have turned their noses up at Life On
>Mars. Well, don't let me hear them complaining about juniorisation, or I'll
>get really cross.

I personally loved the Life on Mars sets.  The minifigs were good. (the doc
has the head that my mum calls the "Travhead" because she recons it looks
like me, but I don't have a grey beard) and the new minifig aliens were
pretty cool, quite useful too. and how could you fault the Red Plant
Protector and Recon Mech.  They were really nice sets, good pieces,
interesting colours too.  I didn't think much of the shuttle (way too
costly for that set) or the pneumatic transport set either.  But the lower
end ($50 and under) was well done, That price range is usually the most
neglected buy Lego in the past.  if only they had paid more attention to
the higher priced sets.

Trav